Coolgardie Visitors Centre & Goldfields Exhibition Museum
From a tent town to bricks and mortar, the old Coolgardie Courthouse unpacks the history of the 1890's gold fever and is a treasure trove of items from local collectors. Learn about Coolgardie’s mining history, and the triumphs of its local heroes, such as the divers who rescued trapped miner Modesto 'Charlie' Varischetti. A more recent story is about Scott Properjohn, the founder of the museum. Properjohn made many of the displays in the Museum and other museums in the region. See rare items from cameleer history, including an 'Afghan' beadwork snake, and marvel at the large bottle collection in the old courtroom, or the pharmacy items displayed on the ground floor. Don't forget to visit the quirky, Ben Prior Park, an open-air museum across the road from the museum. The park contains rare mining equipment and celebrates the local heroes like Ernest Giles and his camel.