The Waroona Museum occupies the old Roads Board Building for the Drakesbrook District, as Waroona was known prior to 1946. This smart wooden building on the South West Highway was built in 1932. The Historical Society has cleverly used the building to tell the history of the district. Photographs, information and a timeline on the exterior walls provide a snapshot of the district’s past. Inside the Museum are interesting items, photographs and information which open the door to this area’s important contributions to Western Australia and the world.