Old Police Complex
The first Laverton police station is described by the guide as ‘tents, tin and fibro,’ with the prisoners brutally chained to logs. In 1899 the original jail was moved from the close-by settlement of Mt. Margaret. The current complex also has the old Police Sergeant's house and jail cells. The house is laid out with furniture and items, almost as it might have been when the last Sergeant left.